Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy 4th Everyone!

So I have been terrible at posting, but lots of changes in the last few months. I loved working at the market, but unfortunately I had to quit because of scheduling issues with my new day job. It was too difficult holding 3 jobs so I had to make a change.  I made a cake for a coworker on June 29th and it was a success. I ended up using Soy totally by accident (ran out of milk) but the cake was so delicious that I will definitely make that mistake again!  Keith is getting married next week, and his boss told me he liked hockey so this is the simple design we came up with.  Later on, he took the leftovers home and ate it with his parents and fiance while they finalized the seating arrangement.  I loved that my cake was a part of that special memory for them.  I know my husband and I loved every minute of planning our wedding last Fall, so I was so glad we could add to their experience.



Here are some of the cakes I have done since we last left off. The first was for my adorable twin nephews' Baptism.  Declan is our god son, so I was honored to be able to add the cake to the party. Each side of the cake had their name, so Teddy's name is on the other side.  He tried to put his fist in it a few times during this photo shoot!




This last cake was for a client's wife, who was turning 50 and she loved Tom Sellack and Magnum P.I.  This Hawaiian themed shirt cake was so much fun to make, and it made the journey to Hillsboro, VA without a hitch.


Oh, and earlier this Spring, a neighborhood friend displayed my work as a part of an open house for artists. Someone even won my petit fours in a raffle!


Have a great 4th everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment